Destin Clinic. Freeport Clinic.
150 Beach Drive - Destin, FL 32541 16019 331 Business Unit #10 Freeport, FL 32439
Patients can now set up their own portal to access their records, request an appointment, leave a message, or confirm an existing appointment.
To begin just click the Patient Portal link below:
Who we are.
The Hope Medical Clinic, in partnership with the community, provides free, quality, accessible healthcare for the working uninsured and medically underserved residents of Okaloosa and Walton counties. We do this in a respectful environment in which patients, health care professionals, students, and community members learn from one another. We believe that health is more than the absence of disease, and can be achieved by addressing the physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional needs of our patients. We strive to provide these resources as needed.
What we do.
Healthcare can be complex and expensive even for those with insurance. For those without insurance it can mean the difference between living healthy and productive lives and suffering from, or even dying of, highly treatable conditions. Hope Medical Clinic, began in 2009 with the goal of providing free, quality, accessible healthcare to the working uninsured and medically underserved residents of Okaloosa and Walton counties. Here's how we do it.
1. The HMC Program: HMC provides a primary care home to working uninsured residents of Okaloosa and Walton counties through our two clinic locations. The Hope Medical Clinic is not a walk-in clinic. We have a program that patients can be admitted into if they qualify. If admitted, patients are scheduled with the provider(s) we feel best matches their need(s). Our days are scheduled, our patients are known, and our providers and volunteers are much appreciated.
2. Volunteer Providers: Doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and licensed mental health counselors donate their time as their schedules allow. Providers customize their patient load as they see fit, as well as the frequency and length of their shifts. In addition to Sovereign Immunity protections provided by the state, providers are also protected legally through the Volunteer Healthcare Provider Program.
3. Volunteer Nurses: Help with guiding patient traffic, vital signs, documentation, education, and addressing patient's conditions as needed (i.e. medication administration, wound care, etc.). In addition to Sovereign Immunity protections provided by the state, nurses are also protected legally through the Volunteer Healthcare Provider Program.
4. Clinic Volunteers: Do everything from running our lab machines, running our prescription assistance program, answering questions our patients have about the services we provide, assisting patients with documents, and entering patient profiles into our electronic medical records system and case management program.
5. A Little Clinic with Big Friends: The Hope Medical Clinic is a partnership that includes private donors, the Florida Department of Health, Sacred Heart Hospitals, the Caduceus Society on the Emerald Coast, both State and National Associations of Free and Charitable Clinics, the Florida State University College of Medicine, Pensacola Pathology, area businesses, Keller Williams Realty (Red Day) , Direct Relief International, and area churches, including the Destin Church of Christ, Destiny Worship Center, Destin United Methodist Church, Coastline Calvary Chapel, Destin Grace Lutheran and Shoreline Church.
6. Students: HMC is a proud supporter of students pursuing careers in medicine and healthcare. The students of today will be the doctors, NP's, PA's, and nurses of tomorrow. Our goal is to find innovative ways to incorporate these students into addressing the immediate and long-term needs of our community, and in doing so equip them with skillsets that serve them throughout their careers. We have standing relationships with the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Florida State University College of Medicine (FSU), Lipscomb University, and Northwest Florida State College (NWFSC).
Services Provided by HMC Include:
A. Primary Care.
B. Women's Health.
C. Prescription Assistance.
D. Licensed Mental Health Counselors.
E. Basic lab work and blood analysis.
F. Case Management.
G. Education related to health promotion and maintenance.
H. Referrals to medical specialists, social services, and healthcare programs, as available. I. Referrals to faith-based resources are offered to patients who have need and/or interest.